The City of Sarasota Utilities Department works to enhance the quality of life of all residents by providing safe, reliable drinking water, wastewater collection, and reclaimed water to our customers. This involves daily operational and maintenance activities and Utility Construction Projects.
The Utilities Department is regulated by the Southwest Florida Water Management District, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and the Sarasota County Health Department to ensure the Department complies with groundwater usage requirements, potable water quality standards and treated wastewater quality requirements.
- Pay My Utility Bill
- Utility Rates, water connection, billing questions
- GIS Mapping
- Utilities Permitting and Field Services
- Backflow Prevention Program
- Utility Projects
- Water Quality Reports (Consumer Quality Report)
FOR WATER &/OR SEWER EMERGENCIES AFTER HOURS PLEASE CALL: 941-263-6200
Outdoor Watering Restrictions
The City of Sarasota has adopted the Southwest Florida Water management District (SWFWND) water restrictions:
Customers may only water their lawns not more than twice per week, the lawn watering days and times are as follows:
- Even Addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10am or after 4pm.
- Odd Addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10am or after 4pm.
Common area inside subdivisions may water on Tuesday and/or Friday before 10am or after 4pm.
Visit the Management site for more information: SWFMUD
1750 12th Street
Sarasota, FL 34236
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: 8am to 5pm
After Hours Emergency: 941-263-6200