Director - Herminio Rodriguez - (941) 954-4170
To support the Commission goals, facilitate departmental requirements, enable and connect the City of Sarasota to information. To provide a 24-hour City Hall for the residents of Sarasota. To enable residents to initiate every transaction required to secure City services.
Following its core tenets of security, stability, and quality customer service, the Information Technology (IT) Department handles all aspects of technology, both existing and emerging, for the City of Sarasota including:
- Networking and Telecommunications: The design and maintenance of all network infrastructure that links the various City departments and sites together to include the latest in fiber, Ethernet, copper trunks, VOIP, and wireless technologies to support all communications and high-speed access to applications and resources.
- Peripherals: The many computers, printers, plotters, scanners, and mobile devices that allow the various departments to daily serve our citizens.
- Customer Support: The quality support of the departments via in-person assistance, phone support, IM and remote troubleshooting for all hardware, applications, and access issues.
- Security: The confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the City's systems, applications, and network in an always on, secure system.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS): The enterprise-wide data infrastructure for all GIS databases, GIS process mapping, and the web-based GIS data viewer for both internal and external customers facilitating integration with real-time deployed solutions.