All Permit sales and renewals are suspended until further notice due to COVID-19
Valet Permit Parking
The City of Sarasota offers and manages Valet Parking throughout downtown Sarasota. For a complete look at our Valet ordinances please review: Sec. 33-120 – Sec. 33-125
Special Events Valet Parking Permit
Special valet permits are only for one or two days. The permit form is located at the right side of the desk at the top of all permitting forms. The applicant needs to fill out the application, submit a drawing of a staging and storage location, and travel route. Enter the permit information in our PDF sheet, located above.
*The cost of the permit is $50.00. We keep the original and a copy goes to the applicant.
The City Parking Program offers Employee Parking Permits, for employees working in downtown, and Residential Monthly Parking Permits for residents living within 1,000 feet of the facility for which they are permitted to park.
Residential Monthly Permit
The residential permit is designed for residents who require additional parking near their place of residence. Each permittee must live within 1,000 feet of the location for which they are being permitted. Presently, the City is issuing permits for the Palm Avenue parking garage, the State Street parking garage, and the 2nd Street parking garage on level 3.
- Applicant must prove identity and present two (2) matching forms of proof of current residency, located within 1,000 feet of said parking facility. Acceptable forms of residency documentation include driver's license, utility bill, vehicle registration, residential lease, etc.
- Permit must be displayed at all times when entering/exiting and parking in assigned facility to avoid issuance of a parking citation. Proof of ‘permit ownership’ after citation received will not be cause for citation dismissal.
- Permit is not transferable.
- Permit is valid twenty-four (24) hours daily during the period stated on the agreement.
- Sec. 33-107 of the City Code, prohibits use of city facilities to store a [permitted] vehicle. Permittee is required to regularly enter/exit the facility with permitted vehicle. Vehicles remaining in facility without movement may be subject citation. Please contact the Parking Division offices should any question arise pertaining to length of stay in the facility.
Downtown Employee Parking Permit Program
- Business Downtown Access Card Application
- Business Downtown Hang Tag Permit Application
- Individual Downtown Access Card Application
- Individual Downtown Hang Tag Permit Application
St. Armands Employee Parking Permit Program
- Business St. Armands Access Card Application
- Business St. Armands Hang Tag Permit Application
- Individual St. Armands Access Card Application
- Individual St. Armands Hang Tag Permit Application
Employee Parking Locations
- Palm Avenue Parking & the State Street Parking Garages
- St. Armands Garage
Garages generally have plenty of available parking spaces for employees to utilize.
By qualifying for an employee parking permit, employees are able to park in the garages during employment hours and avoid hourly fees.
The Following facilities have a nominal fee for Employee parking of only $20 monthly.
2nd Street/Whole Foods Parking Garage
Located on the 3rd level of the Whole Foods parking garage; covered parking with a permit allows you to exceed the 4 hour time limit without a parking citation. The location is convenient and central to the Downtown core, Rosemary District, and 5 Points Park.
1st Street Lot
Located behind the Main St buildings between Lemon Ave and Orange Ave, this small lot is the most convenient location within the core of Downtown. Its location is central to areas east and west of Orange Ave, and only a couple blocks from Rosemary District. Users of this lot may also use the Orange Ave parking lot located at the corner of Orange Ave and 2nd Street.
Orange Ave Lot
The Orange Ave lot is a great little parking location that permits quick access when leaving the downtown core. It is located across from the City Hall and St. Martha's Catholic Church and provides easy access to the area of Orange Ave. and Main St. Users of this lot may also utilize the 1st Street parking lot.
Burns Square Lot
Burns Square parking lot is located on Orange Ave where Dolphin Street intersects. This location is a great place for anyone working near Burns Square. From this lot State Street and Main Street are about a 3 minute walk.
Located across from US 41 and the Bayfront Park, on the southern end of South Gulfstream Drive, this small lot serves the lower side of downtown. If you are employed near Palm Avenue or Ringling Avenue, this would be a good location for your employee parking, but has a limited capacity.