Utilities Construction Services oversees the installation of the City’s potable water/wastewater/reclaimed systems per relevant codes and statutes. AFTER the project has been reviewed & approved by Utilities Development Services, the application for a Utilities Construction Permit must be made.
Please Note: Utilities Construction Applications must be submitted with the following in order to be considered complete. Processing will not begin until applications are complete. It is the responsibility of the applicant to check the progress of the application.
- Utilities Construction Permit Application
- Copy of City of Sarasota Building Permit
- ALL FDOH/FDEP potable Water/Wastewater Construction Permits
- Three sets of SIGNED/SEALED Civil Engineering Plans
- PDF of said Plans (on a disc)
- Submittals for all items to be operated and maintained by the Utilities Department.
- Deeds and Easements, etc.
- Copies of Plumbing/Underground Contractor Licenses
- Sarasota County Permit (if needed)
- FDOT permit (if needed)
- City Code 37-21 Water and Sewers
- Locate the Utilities TO your property
- Utilities Cost Estimate Application
- Approved materials Checklist