Sarasota in Motion - Transportation Master Plan
Over the next eighteen months the City of Sarasota will be embarking on the development of Sarasota in Motion, a citywide Transportation Master Plan. The plan will document a vision for the long-term multi-modal transportation system, provide policy direction and guide the implementation of transportation projects throughout the City over the next 25 years.
For the latest information about the plan visit the project website: sarasotainmotion.com
Traffic Information - Know before you go!
Want to see what the traffic is like before you hit the road? The Regional Traffic Management Center (RTMC) can keep you informed through two new resources:
- Smart Traffic Traveler Information website, www.smarttrafficinfo.org which provides the latest traffic information on the Sarasota-Manatee arterial roadway system through live views from over 400 cameras; and
- RTMC Twitter handle @941_Traffic
These new resources give drivers a more accurate picture of local traffic conditions than ever before.
Over the past several years modern roundabouts have been constructed throughout the City, and there are plans for more! Below you will find links to information from the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) on why modern roundabouts are safer than traditional intersections, how to safely navigate a roundabout, and how to use a Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon also known as a HAWK signal.
- Roundabouts A Safer Choice
- A Guide to Modern Roundabouts
- How to Use a Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon/HAWK signal