1565 First Street
Sarasota, FL, 34236
Award Winning Purchasing Division
Procuring Goods and Services for the City of Sarasota
The Purchasing Division
- Competitively acquires goods and services List of current bids
- Administers contracts for goods and services View the list of current City contracts
- Approves payment for goods and services in accordance with the City’s Terms and Conditions
- Provides contract and lease management for City-owned properties
- Coordinates the disposal of surplus and obsolete goods
- $1 - 5,000: Procured with one written quote
- $5,001 - $50,000: Minimum of three written quotes
- $50,001 and greater: Formal Bid or Request for Proposals
Doing Business With the City of Sarasota
Subscribe to DemandStar as a City of Sarasota Vendor, and sign up to receive automated notices for City of Sarasota Solicitation Opportunities over $50,000
Request for Proposals (RFP)
Sole Source Request
Formal Request for Quotes
Invitation to Negotiate (ITN)
Forms, Samples, and other Important Documents
City Standard Specifications
- Appendix A-1 - Approved Potable Water Materials Checklist
- Appendix A-2 - Approved Wastewater Materials Checklist
- Appendix A-3 - Approved Reclaimed Water Materials Checklist
- Appendix A-4 - Approved Public Works Materials Checklist
- Standard Specifications - ZIP file folder of 119 City Specifications
- Consultants Checklist - A consultant is required to prepare this form when they are in final design and submit it to the Purchasing Divisions and the Project Manager.
- Type 1 Evaluation - This form is used by City Project Managers to evaluate consultants’ performance on small projects.
- Type 2 Evaluation - This form is used by City Project Managers to evaluate consultants on medium size projects.
- Type 3 Evaluation - This form is used by City Project Managers to evaluate consultants on large projects.
- Permit Form - Used by a consultant to determine what permits will be needed for a City Project. May be included in the City's solicitation package.
- Task List - Used by City Department to determine task that will be accomplished by a selected consultant.
- Consultants Required Scope - These are the basic requirements for Engineering and Architectural solicitations. This does not include any specific scope of work.