1565 First Street
Sarasota, FL, 34236
Procuring Goods and Services for the City of Sarasota
The Purchasing Division
- Competitively acquires goods and services List of current bids
- Administers contracts for goods and services View the list of current City contracts
- Approves payment for goods and services in accordance with the City’s Terms and Conditions
- Provides contract and lease management for City-owned properties
- Coordinates the disposal of surplus and obsolete goods
- $1 - 5,000: Procured with one written quote
- $5,001 - $50,000: Minimum of three written quotes
- $50,001 and greater: Formal Bid or Request for Proposals
Doing Business With the City of Sarasota
Subscribe to DemandStar as a City of Sarasota Vendor, and sign up to receive automated notices for City of Sarasota Solicitation Opportunities over $50,000
Request for Proposals (RFP)
Sole Source Request
Formal Request for Quotes
Invitation to Negotiate (ITN)
The City is in the process of moving to a new solicitation software known as Bidsync. The anticipation official transition date is October 1, 2019. Please make sure that you click on the link below to register on the new site. If you are already a Bidsync registered vendor, then you can add the City of Sarasota to your notification group. Bidsync is free to all City of Sarasota vendors.
Forms, Samples, and other Important Documents
- Consultants Checklist - A consultant is required to prepare this form when they are in final design and submit it to the Purchasing Divisions and the Project Manager.
- Type 1 Evaluation - This form is used by City Project Managers to evaluate consultants’ performance on small projects.
- Type 2 Evaluation - This form is used by City Project Managers to evaluate consultants on medium size projects.
- Type 3 Evaluation - This form is used by City Project Managers to evaluate consultants on large projects.
- Permit Form - Used by a consultant to determine what permits will be needed for a City Project. May be included in the City's solicitation package.
- Task List - Used by City Department to determine task that will be accomplished by a selected consultant.
- Consultants Required Scope - These are the basic requirements for Engineering and Architectural solicitations. This does not include any specific scope of work.