In 2017, the Sarasota City Commission committed to 100% renewable energy city-wide by 2045 and for city buildings and operations by 2030. The City spent one year facilitating a unique set of community meetings to identify strategies to reach this goal. Below is an outline of how we coordinated feedback during these meetings.
- Meeting 1: Review current data and solicit ideas for ways to reach the 100% renewable energy goal from community members.
- Meeting 2: Reach a consensus on how strategies would be prioritized. Sarasota's Ready for 100 effort will prioritize strategies with: energy conservation and efficiency focus, climate adaptation co-benefits, local job creation potential, focus on outcomes for historically marginalized groups.
- Meeting 3: Prioritize strategies.
- Meeting 4: Provide feedback on draft report and celebrate on year of community planning.
On-going, the City hosts two workshops per year to relay data and update on implementation.
The following documents are available upon request (email firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Copy of the Ready for 100 Resolution
- PowerPoints and notes from all community meetings
Here is the most recent Roadmap to 100 report which resulted from year one of planning with community stakeholders.
If you'd like to learn more or have city staff come talk to your group about the Ready for 100 effort, please contact email@example.com or call 941-263-6314.