City administrative offices closed for Fourth of July holiday
Contact: Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist 941-928-3988; firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarasota, FL: City of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Friday, July 3, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
There will be no change in collection schedules for residential garbage, recycling, and yard waste pickups for City customers. Commercial pickups scheduled for July 4 may be affected; call the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7651 for more information.
City parks, playgrounds and most outdoor amenities have reopened to the public and will be available throughout the holiday weekend.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities for July 3-5 are as follows:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club Nature Trails, 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open regular hours: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Golf courses are closed until early 2022 for planned renovations.
- Children’s Fountain at Bayfront Park, Ringling Boulevard and Bayfront Drive, remains closed until further notice.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, remains closed until further notice.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be closed.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 34th St., will be closed.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed, including the Box Office.
The annual Fourth of July fireworks display hosted by organizer Suncoast Charities for Children has been canceled due to the local public health emergency.
City offices will again be open to the public on a by-appointment basis only beginning Monday, July 6. City business can also be conducted either online via www.SarasotaFL.gov or by phone at 941-263-6000. More information about COVID-19 closures is available at SarasotaFL.gov/COVID-19.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by U.S. News and World Report as the 18th Best Place to Live in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 56,000 year-round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at www.SarasotaFL.Gov.