City Hall to observe Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday
No changes to waste collection schedule
Contact: Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist 941-928-3988 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarasota, FL: City administration offices will be closed Monday, Jan. 20, in recognition of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday.
Waste collection schedules will not be affected by the holiday.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural facilities will vary:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Blvd., is open 365 days a year.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be open limited hours, 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 34th St., will be open regular hours, from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail - The Box Office will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The regular City Commission meeting will be held the following day on Tuesday, Jan. 21, at 1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. in the Commission Chambers at City Hall, 1565 1st St.
For more information on trash and recycling collection, contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-263-6170.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by U.S. News and World Report as the 18th Best Place to Live in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 55,000 year-round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at www.SarasotaFL.Gov