Reminder: City Hall to observe New Year’s holiday; No change to trash, recycling collection
Contact: Jan Thornburg, Sr. Communications Manager 941-263-6369
Sarasota, FL: City administration offices will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 1, for New Year’s Day.
Trash, recycling and yard waste collection will not be affected.
Hours of operation at City facilities will vary on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed New Year’s Day. There will be limited hours, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., on New Year’s Eve.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Blvd., is open 365 days a year. The Golf Shop will be open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be open for regular hours on New Year’s Eve (10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.) and closed on New Year’s Day.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be open with limited hours from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on New Year’s Eve and closed New Year’s Day.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 34th St., will be open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. New Year’s Eve and closed New Year’s Day.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail - The Box Office will be open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. New Year’s Eve and closed New Year’s Day.
For questions regarding garbage, recycling and yard waste collection, please contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-263-6170.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by U.S. News and World Report as the 18th Best Place to Live in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 55,000 year-round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at www.SarasotaFL.Gov