City administrative offices to close for Labor Day on Sept. 2
Contact: Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist 941-928-3988 email@example.com
Sarasota, FL: City of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 2, in observance of Labor Day.
There will be no garbage, recycling or yard waste pickup on Monday. Pickups will be delayed by one day. Monday collection will occur on Tuesday, and Tuesday collection will occur on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday collection will not be interrupted.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities will vary:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open regular hours: 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Children’s Fountain at Bayfront Park, Ringling Boulevard and Bayfront Drive, will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The next day, it will begin fall hours (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be open 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 John Rivers St., will be open limited hours: 6-10 a.m.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail - The Box Office will be closed.
The regular City Commission meeting will be held Tuesday, Sept. 3, at 1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. in the Commission Chambers at City Hall, 1565 First St.
For more information on garbage and recycling collection, contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7651.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by U.S. News and World Report as the 18th Best Place to Live in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 55,000 year-round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at www.SarasotaFL.Gov