City offices to close for Memorial Day on May 27
No change to waste collection for holiday week
Contact: Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist 941-928-3988 email@example.com
Sarasota, FL: City of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day.
Garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup will continue as regularly scheduled.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities will vary:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open regular hours: 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., weather permitting.
- Children’s Fountain at Bayfront Park, Ringling Boulevard and Bayfront Drive, will begin summer hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be open 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 John Rivers St., will be closed.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail - The box office will be closed.
The City, in conjunction with the Sarasota Patriotic Observance Committee, will host the annual Memorial Day parade at 10 a.m. Monday, May 27, in downtown Sarasota.
For more information on garbage and recycling collection, contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7651.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by U.S. News and World Report as the 18th Best Place to Live in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 55,000 year-round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at www.SarasotaFL.Gov