City Hall to observe New Year’s holiday
Contact: Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist 941-928-3988 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarasota, FL: City administration offices will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 1, for New Year’s Day.
Waste collection schedules will be affected by the holiday. There will be no garbage, recycling or yard waste pickup on New Year’s Day (Tuesday, Jan. 1), and collections will be made the following day. All other scheduled pickups, including on New Year’s Eve, will be unaffected.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural facilities will vary:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Center, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed New Year’s Day. It will have limited hours, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., on New Year’s Eve.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Blvd., is open 365 days a year. The Golf Shop will be open 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed on New Year's Eve and New Year’s Day.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be closed New Year’s Day and opened limited hours, 7:30 a.m. to noon, on New Year’s Eve.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 34th St., will be closed New Year’s Day. It will be open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. New Year’s Eve.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail - The Box Office will be closed New Year’s Day.
For more information on garbage collection, contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7651.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by Google as a Digital Capital in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 55,000 year-round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at SarasotaFL.Gov