City offices closed for Thanksgiving holiday
City offices closed for Thanksgiving holiday; Garbage collection schedule changes
Contact: Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist 941-928-3988 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarasota, FL: City of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 22, and Friday, Nov. 23, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Offices will reopen Monday, Nov. 26.
Waste collection schedules will be affected by the holiday. There will be no garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup on Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 22.
Collection will be delayed by one day:
- Thursday collection will occur one day later, on Friday, Nov. 23
- Friday collection will occur one day later, on Saturday, Nov. 24
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities will vary:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Center, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed both Thursday and Friday.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open for limited hours from 6:30-11 a.m. as it hosts the 10th Annual ‘Turkey Shoot,” including an 8:45 a.m. shotgun start on the British Course. The American Course will be open for 18-hole play from 6:30-9 a.m., then nine holes until 11 a.m. The Gillespie Executive Course will be open 6:30-11 a.m.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be open both Thursday and Friday for regular business hours: 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be closed both Thursday and Friday.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 34th St., will be closed Thursday and open 6-10 a.m. Friday.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail - The Box Office will be closed Thursday and open regular hours Friday.
For more information on garbage collection, contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7851.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by Google as a Digital Capital in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 55,000 year-round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at SarasotaFL.Gov