City administrative offices closed for Fourth of July holiday
Contact: Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist 941-928-3988; email@example.com
Sarasota, FL: City of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Wednesday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
Residential garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup will not be affected. There will be no commercial pickup July 4. All collection will continue as regularly scheduled on Thursday, July 5.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities will vary:
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open regular hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Children’s Fountain at Bayfront Park, Ringling Boulevard and Bayfront Drive, will be closed.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be open regular hours: 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Payne Park Skate Park, 2110 Adams St., will be open from noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 John Rivers Street, will be open from 6-10 a.m.
- Sarasota Municipal Auditorium, 801 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed, including the Box Office.
For more information contact Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist: 941-928-3988.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by Google as a Digital Capital in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 53,000 year-round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at SarasotaFL.Gov